Thursday, July 15, 2010

 

When the bloom is on the sage in the Tinney Chapel Community



Click on any image to view it in larger format and to hear Gene Autry sing the song, click on the title of this post at top of the page (it's a live link to a You Tube video).

When the Bloom is on the Sage

For most people there's a spot that lives forever,
Deep within their fondest memories.
Tho' I have been a rover I have never
Seen anyplace that I would rather be than---

When it's roundup time in Texas and the bloom is on the sage
How I long to be in Texas just a ridin' on the range
I can smell the bacon frying, hear it sizzlin' in the pan,
Hear the breakfast horn in the early morn drinkin' coffee from a can.

Just a ridin', rockin', ropin', poundin' leather all day long,
Just a seatin', swearin', smokin', listen to a cowboy song.
Though I know I'll never go there, I would work for any wage,
To be again, be free again, where the bloom is on the sage.

When it's roundup time in Texas and the bloom is on the sage,
How I long to be in Texas just a ridin' on the range.
Those purple hills are calling, calling to me from afar,
I'm back again to the Rio Grande and the lonely Texas star.

How I long to be living where the prairie flowers grow,
I'd be willing to start walking to the place that I love so.
It beckons and I reckon I would work for any wage,
To be again, be free again, where the bloom is on the sage.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?